Job Opening: GIS Coordinator
Purpose of Position
To receive, analyze and input engineering data to be used in the development of system databases and map designs to reflect existing system status. To build and maintain an integrated relationship with the billing, engineering and outage information system databases.
Minimum Education, Training and/or Experience
1. Must have a Bachelor of Science or Arts from an accredited college or university in GIS/computer/technology or related field; or have a minimum of two years experience using GIS applications and GPS data collection equipment.
2. Must have experience with various databases and spread sheet software.
3. Must have adequate typing and data entry skills to perform job duties.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications
1. Must have a valid Texas Drivers License.
1. Must have the ability to read and interpret maps and staking sheets.
2. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
3 Must have the ability to rapidly learn corporate procedures and safety practices.
1. Must be able to daily walk, stoop, bend, lift and carry up to 25 lbs. on a frequent basis, climb, kneel, reach, crawl, push, pull, and work in awkward positions and enclosed spaces.
2. Must be able to tolerate working in an outside work environment in varying conditions.
Essential Job Duties
1. Implement and administer computerized Geographical Information System (GIS); including collecting, analyzing, and inputting field data by means of Global Positioning Systems (GPS).
2. Maintain and administer and integrated relationship with the billing, engineering, and outage information databases.
3. Perform drafting functions necessary to keep mapping files current.
4. Analyze discrepancies between field, GIS, and CIS data.
5. Assist in the administration of mapping network and related equipment, troubleshoot problems, and maintain relationship with current GIS vendor to keep system running at an optimal level.
6. Maintain member and pole information to line crews via handheld devices.
7. Make copies of paper maps and other large format documents for Cooperative personnel as well as outside consumers when necessary.
8. Serve as an aide to other Engineering personnel in staking of new construction as necessary.
9. Assist in specifying, installing, and configuration of mapping hardware and software.
10. Provide technical support for mapping software/applications and act as liaison with Cooperative's mapping software suppliers.
11. Assist IT with internal computer issues when necessary.
Other Job Duties
1. Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Engineering.
Manager of Engineering